Terms and Conditions
- This website is developed, managed, and operated by the National Students’ Union of India (“NSUI”). These Site Terms apply solely to your access to, and use of, the Web site (the “Site”) operated by the NSUI which link to these Site Terms. However, Site Terms in no manner shall alter any of the express terms agreed between you and NSUI (including its affiliates, agents and permitted assignees) for any products or services as the case may be.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, alter, expand any of the terms and conditions contained in the Site Terms or any policy, guideline, specifications of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion without any prior notice. Any such changes, modification, alteration, addition, or expansion so made to the Site Terms shall be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Sites, and by accessing the Site you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes, alterations, modifications, addition, and expansion will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, it is deemed that you frequently review, understand, and accept the Site Terms and applicable policies from time-to-time. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Site.
- If you have any question regarding the use of the Site, please place your queries and questions or comments clarifications about the Site or site content to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF PRIVACY
Registration forms, Tools, Features and Facilities
Stay Connected Option
- If you request and accept to receive updates or other information by email or mobile phone or text message, you consent to our communicating with you via your emails and mobile device. We do not charge for these services. However, your carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees may be applicable as per your carrier’s connection and usage terms. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. At any time, you may contact us to unsubscribe from the updates as subscribed by you.
- You shall connect to NSUI official links on social media portals such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google plus, YouTube or any other such portals as and when available solely on your own responsibility wherein you may be bound by the individual terms of usage of such portal and NSUI shall not be liable to you or anyone for any loss damage or liability arising out of your access, usage and exploration of any such portal at any time. It is further agreed by you that NSUI at no time whatsoever assures, claims, or represent the safety and security for usage of any such portal. NSUI shall at no time to be liable to any claims arising out of but not limited to any usage as mentioned above.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless stated/indicated otherwise on the Site, the Site including all content and materials on the Site, including, without limitation, NSUI’s party symbol, designs, texts, graphics, pictures, information, data, audio-visual files, sound files, tools, widgets, software and any files in whatsoever format whether used collectively or individually (“Site Property”) are the proprietary property of the NSUI or its licensors or users and are protected by Indian and international copyright laws.
- You as a user of the Site are granted a limited, non-sub licensable, non-transferable license to access and use the Site and the Site Property for your informational, non-commercial, and personal use only. The license so granted is subject to these Site Terms.
- You as a user may use this material only as expressly authorized by NSUI and shall not copy, transmit or create derivative works of such material without express authorization.
- You acknowledge and agree that he/she shall not upload post, reproduce, or distribute any content on or through the services that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right of a third party, without obtaining the written permission of the owner of such right.
- Any copyrighted or other proprietary content distributed with the consent of the owner must contain the appropriate copyright or other proprietary rights notice. The unauthorized submission or distribution of copyrighted or other proprietary content is illegal and could subject the user to personal liability or criminal prosecution.
- If you have a reason to believe that any material on the Site including the Site Property infringes upon any copyright or proprietary right which you own or control you may contact at email@example.com
- Any notice with respect of any such infringement shall be addressed to the abovementioned designated person and shall be governed by the Indian Laws and acts as amended up to date.
- You are prohibited from using any Meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing “NSUI” or any other name, Site Property or product or service name of the NSUI without NSUI’s prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including but not limited to all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the proprietary property of NSUI and must not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Sites are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof by us.
- Except as otherwise provided, you retain ownership of all User Submissions you post on the Site. However, if you post User Submissions to the Site, unless NSUI indicate otherwise, you grant NSUI and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Submissions throughout the world in any manner, media or language including without limitation in advertising, campaigning and other communications in support of NSUI, without any right of compensation or attribution . You grant the NSUI and its affiliates and sub license the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, as and if they choose. You represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the User Submissions that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Submissions to the Site; (ii) the User Submission is accurate and not misleading; and (iii) use and posting of the User Submission you supply does not violate these Site Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
Third party and Hyperlinks
Third Party Content
- NSUI may make third party information and other content available on or through the Site (the “Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information and we may provide information regarding or access to third party products or services available on or through the Site (“Third Party Products and Services”). Your business dealings or correspondence with such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated therewith, are solely between you and such third party. NSUI does not control, endorse, or adopt any Third-Party Content or Third-Party Products, and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third-Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness.
- You acknowledge and agree that the NSUI is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third-Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third-Party Content. Users use such Third-Party Content contained therein at their own risk. Submissions You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding the Site or the NSUI that are provided by you in the form of email or other submissions to the NSUI, or any postings on the Site, are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of the NSUI. The NSUI shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these materials for any purpose without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- That is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading;
- That would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
- That may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party.
- That impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- That, in the sole judgment of the NSUI, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Sites, or which may expose NSUI or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Which violates the terms of any NSUI guidelines, principles, policies, or rules posted on the Site or as and where communicated to you;
- Unsolicited promotions, spam, advertising, or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Aadhar numbers or any other such personal details; and
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files;
- Provide accurate, current, and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site (“Input Data”);
- Maintain the security of your password and identification wherever applicable;
- Maintain and promptly update the Input Data, and any other information you provide to NSUI, to keep it accurate, current, and complete; and
- Accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to the NSUI.
- Except as specifically stated in Site Terms, NSUI does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, in connection with the subject matter of the Site Terms and hereby disclaims any and all implied warranties, including all implied warranties of system ability or fitness for a particular purpose. NSUI shall adopt industry acceptable standards for providing and maintaining the Site and shall maintain widgets, Softwares, or any other link , uptime of 98% provided however that NSUI shall not be required to suffer any direct, consequential, or, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or other liability under Site Terms for uninterrupted access or use of the Site by factors beyond the NSUI’s reasonable control including, without limitation, the unavailability, inoperability or interruption of the internet or other telecommunications services or as a result of any scheduled maintenance or other service work carried out on Site. The user acknowledges that all such computer software and/or hardware as and where applicable is provided on “AS IS BASIS”.
- User agrees that NSUI at no time shall be responsible or liable for any User Submissions posted, stored or uploaded by you or anyone else acting on your behalf or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, NSUI at no time shall be liable for any mistakes, defamation, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. You agree that your use of Interactive Areas is at your own risk. Implementation of the Site Terms set out here is the sole responsibility of NSUI, and failure to enforce such rules in some instances does not constitute a waiver of NSUI’s right to enforce such rules in other instances. In addition, these rules do not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Site will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules. By providing Interactive User interface, NSUI does not attract liability for any statements, representations or User Submissions provided by its users in any public forum, blog, or other Interactive Area. NSUI reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Submission posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason without notice, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Submission you post or store on the Site at your sole cost and expense. Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Sites in violation of the foregoing violates these Site Terms and may result in, among other things, termination, or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Site.
Indemnification and Liability
You as user shall be liable towards, and compensate, indemnify and hold NSUI , its affiliates or any person working under it harmless from and against any direct or indirect damages, , liabilities, obligations, costs, claims of any kind, interest, penalties, legal proceedings and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) actually paid, suffered or incurred by NSUI due to the breach of the Site Terms , any act or omission, misuse, abuse of the Site access, fraudulent acts, wilful misconduct of the user or Any person acting under such user. User shall be liable for any claims arising due to fraudulent transaction, abuse or misuse of the Site and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NSUI against such claims, loss or damage.
Governing Laws and Dispute Resolution
- No course of dealing, failure by either party to require the strict performance of any obligation assumed by the other hereunder, or failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy to which it is entitled, shall constitute a waiver, or cause a diminution of the rights or obligations provided under Site Terms. No provision of site Terms shall be deemed to have been waived by any act or knowledge of either party, but only by a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of the party to be bound thereby. Waiver by either party of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default.
- Not withstanding anything as mentioned or specified in the Site Terms, NSUI reserve the right to terminate or withdraw your license to use the Site at any time without prior notice of the same.
- If any one or more provisions contained in this agreement or any document executed in connection herewith shall be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
- User acknowledges that the remedy at law for any breach or violation of any provision of Site Terms may not be sufficient and a breach may cause continuing and irreparable loss, harm or damage to good will, name, reputation, and credibility of NSUI. User therefore agree that NSUI shall be entitled to obtain injunctive relief, or any other restraining or any other appropriate order against the user in the event of any threat or disclosure of confidential Information.
- Nothing in Site Terms shall be construed as to create the relationship of employer-employee, partners, collaborators, joint-venture, or principal-agent between user and NSUI hereto. The parties shall be independent entities and neither party shall bind the other by its acts, deeds, or omissions.
- User agrees that all notices under these Site Terms from the user shall be in writing, sent by facsimile or first-class registered or recorded delivery post to the NSUI at its registered office or at such other address of which NSUI shall have given notice as aforesaid, and marked for the attention of that NSUI designated agent as mentioned above in the Site Terms. The date of service shall be deemed to be the day following the day on which the notice was transmitted or posted as the case may be.